2021 legislation strengthens the California Comeback Plan, the largest economic stimulus package in California history
SACRAMENTO – Gov. Gavin Newsom today took action on the final bills of the 2020-21 legislative session, a session that advanced the governor’s historic return plan to California. In partnership with the Legislature, the administration has taken bold steps and made historic investments to address the state’s most enduring challenges to best ensure that every Californian, regardless of race or zip code. , can prosper:
- Providing immediate relief to those hardest hit by COVID-19
- Addressing the homelessness and housing affordability crisis
- Transforming public schools as gateways of opportunity
- Building infrastructure for the next century
- Fight against forest fires and fight against climate change
Among the most ambitious accomplishments of the California Comeback Plan is the the strongest small business support program in the country, unprecedented financial and direct rental relief for Californians, the largest increase in homeless housing in state history, universal pre-kindergarten, and a historic $ 15 billion climate package to fight forest fires and drought and advance California’s premier climate agenda.
“At a time when the state and the country are more divided than ever, this legislative session reminds us of what we can accomplish together. I am grateful to our partners in the State Legislature who have continued our efforts to address the most persistent challenges in the state – together, we have taken action to address these challenges head-on, by implementing historic legislation and the California Comeback Plan to move recoveries quickly, ”Gov. Newsom said. “What we’re doing here in California is unprecedented both in nature and in scale. We will come back from this pandemic stronger than ever. “
In the final action of this legislative session, Governor Newsom today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 232 by Assembly Member James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – Off-road vehicles: reciprocity.
- AB 237 by Assembly member Adam Gray (D-Merced) – Public employment: unfair practices: health protection.
- AB 326 by Assembly member Luz Rivas (D-Arleta) – Health service plans: Consumer participation program.
- AB 347 By Assembly Member Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – Health Care Coverage: Stage Therapy.
- AB 480 by Assembly Member Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Hazardous Materials.
- AB 580 by Assembly member Freddie Rodriguez (D-Pomona) – Emergency services: vulnerable populations.
- AB 653 by Assembly Member Marie Waldron (R-Escondido) – Drug Assisted Treatment Subsidy Program.
- AB 680 by Assembly Member Autumn Burke (D-Inglewood) – Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund: California Jobs Plan Act of 2021.
- AB 690 By Assembly Member Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – Marriage and Family Therapists: Clinical Social Workers: Professional Clinical Counselors.
- AB 794 by Assembly Member Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Air pollution: purchase of new dump and short haul trucks: incentive programs: eligibility: labor standards.
- AB 1079 by Assembly member James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – Trusts: revocation.
- AB 1084 by Assembly Member Evan Low (D-Campbell) – Gender Neutral Retail Departments.
- AB 1204 By Assembly Member Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – Hospital Equity Reports.
- AB 1282 By Assembly Member Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Veterinary Medicine: Blood Banks for Animals.
- AB 1346 by Assembly member Marc Berman (D-Menlo Park) – Air pollution: small all-terrain engines.
- AB 1550 by Assembly member Luz Rivas (D-Arleta) – Labor relations in higher education: employee organizations.
- AB 1570 from the Commission des ressources naturelles – Public resources: omnibus bill.
- AB 1574 by the Committee on Employment, Economic Development and the Economy – Public procurement: liaison officers and advocates for veteran small businesses and disabled businesses: preferences.
- SB 80 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Commercial fishery: inspection: crab pots.
- SB 84 by Senator Melissa Hurtado (D-Sanger) – Oil and gas wells: dangerous or inactive and deserted wells and installations.
- SB 98 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Public Peace: Media Access.
- SB 266 by Senator Josh Newman (D-Fullerton) – State Park System: Chino Hills State Park: Extension.
- SB 268 by Senator Bob Archuleta (D-Pico Rivera) – Parks and Recreation: Lower Los Angeles River Recreation and Park District: Lower San Gabriel River Recreation and Park District: Institution: Board of Directors.
- SB 269 by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge) – Credit unions.
- SB 274 by Senator Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Local government meetings: agenda and documents.
- SB 326 by Senator Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Health Care Coverage: Federal Health Care Reforms.
- SB 394 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Telecommunications: Moore Universal Telephone Service Act.
- SB 416 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Corrections: educational programs.
- SB 628 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – California Creative Workforce Act of 2021.
- SB 654 by Senator Dave Min (D-Irvine) – Child Care.
- SB 671 by Senator Lena Gonzalez (D-Long Beach) – Transportation: Evaluating the Efficiency of the Clean Freight Corridor.
- SB 822 of the Committee on Natural Resources and Water – Marine Resources.
For the full text of invoices, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov